“BANNERS” (2011) – [eng]
I made “Banners” in 2009 for the 50th Anniversary of the Guggenheim Museum New York, “Contemplating the Void: Interventions in the Guggenheim”.
Beyond my project-participation, “Banners” is for me an opportunity to give form to what I think Art can do.
1. Art – because it’s art – is resistance. Art resists facts. Art resists political, aesthetical and cultural habits. Art, in its resistance, is movement, positiveness, intensity, belief.
2. Art – because it’s art – has the power of transformation, the power to transform each human being.
3. Art – because it’s art – can create the conditions of implication – beyond everything else.
4. Art – because it’s art – is autonomous. Autonomy is what gives the artwork its beauty and its absoluteness.
5. Art – because it’s art – is universal. Universality means: Justice, Equality, the Other, the Truth, the One world.
6. Art – because it’s art – can provoke a dialogue or a confrontation from one to one.